Tuesday, October 9, 2012

A final note of thanks.

I've been putting off writing my last post on this blog because it means that the experience is actually over.  Today marks one full month since our final performance in Weston.  I'm (mostly) back in the swing of New York - 9-to-5-ing, dodging smelly subway cars, sighing loudly behind people texting while they walk - and (mostly) over my cheese withdrawal.  I've seen a number of my wonderful colleagues over the past few weeks (congrats to Lauren on her amazing concert that brought most of us back together!)

But before closing up shop on the blog, I have to thank a whole bunch of people for making this entire amazing experience possible.  Everyone - cast, creative team, staff, musicians, technicians - made their mark on our work in amazing ways.  So in no particular order (other than alphabetical, obviously), my heartfelt thanks go to:

Kate Absher, Krystina Alabado, Twan Baker, Renata Brewington, Heather Brown, Jacki Brown, Joe Calarco, Jen Caprio, Lindsey Carlson, Ed Chapman, Andrew Cooper, Evan DelGaudio, Alek Deva, Katrina Dideriksen, Stuart Duke, Malcolm Ewen, Emeline Finckel, Tim Fort, Rachel Fraley, Travis Gilmore, Jessica Gouker, Sean Hagerty, Debora Harry-Spencer, Jeff Human, Sarah Ishu, Jess Johnston, Caitlin Kinnunen, Tim Mackabee, Lauren Marcus, Sydney Maresca, Kaylin Martin, Elizabeth McLinn, Jacqueline Mullen, Meghan O'Brien, Aidan O'Reilly, Jakob Plummer, Jed Resnick, Ro Rowan, Anthony Rubbo, Peryn Schmitt, Elizabeth Schurra, Margo Seibert, Joel Shier, Molly Shoemaker, Rich Silverstein, Erik Skovgaard, Dana Steingold, Steve Stettler, Bridget Sullivan, Kelsey Tippins, Carolyn Voss, Bekah Wachenfeld, Andrew Wellons, Lorenzo Wolff, and Jeremy Yaddaw.



We don't know where this show will take us next, but we do know that every person above took it to places we never could have imagined and gave it a full and beautiful life for six weeks.

I always try to imagine what my career will be like.  I like to daydream about the places that art can take me and all of the things that I might be able to accomplish.  In my secret imaginary timeline, though, I don't think I planned on my first professional production being quite so monumental and emotional.  It was easy to imagine the fun we'd have and the kudos and the work we'd do - and, yes, those were great.  But the warmth and openness and heart that I brought back with me from Weston (and will carry with me and with the show) left the kind of imprint that you can't expect.  And beyond being proud or humble or sad or happy, I am grateful.

Thanks for following this leg of Pregnancy Pact's journey.  The birth is over in Vermont, but I can't wait until we get to knock up the rest of the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment