Friday, August 10, 2012

Day Four

Clockwise from L: Margo Seibert, Lauren Marcus,
Dana Steingold, Katrina Rose Dideriksen,
Krystina Alabado, Caitlin Kinnunen, Jed Resnick
Our first rainy day in Vermont!  Don't worry.  It's just as beautiful with grey skies.

We started out the day with a full company photo - the whole Weston staff and everyone involved in Pregnancy Pact, Fiddler on the Roof, and Bad Dates - in front of the Playhouse.  We somehow avoided the rain (but not the humidity) and got it taken.  The photo at left is just our cast afterwards.  It's so great to be a part of such a great community this month.  (And if the rain holds off, we're going to be a part of that community at a cookout tonight to celebrate National S'mores Day!)

We stayed on the music train and spent the day learning a few last things and cleaning up and reviewing others before we have our read/sing-through tomorrow.  I don't know if I do any more gushing than I've already done, but they're still basically amazing.

My big discovery of the day is the theatrical uses of Pinterest.  Now I had always avoided it - I don't need more ways to procrastinate - but now I've learned to use it to my advantage!  Joe gave the cast the assignment yesterday to make boards for their characters and seeing them all today I became instantly hooked.  It's an instant way to convey moods and hues and details that could take hours and hours to describe.  I learned so much seeing what the cast was pinning.  And I saw so much of what I had written into these characters in a whole new way.

(I, of course, spent our break creating my own Pinterest as a way to do research for my musicals - both old and new.  I am officially hooked.  I might have to even come up with more new musical ideas to feed this new obsession.)

No comments:

Post a Comment