Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Day Two

First of all, this is what we look out on from the back of the rehearsal room.  Green for miles!  A rocky river! And then more greenery!  I keep finding myself looking around and thinking "How in the world do people live anywhere else?"  (Or more often, "What am I going to do when I have to go back to concrete?")

Second of all, what was going on inside the rehearsal room was just as beautiful.  We had another day jam packed with music and the singers are taking these songs and running.  In about 9.5 hours so far the wonderful Rich Silverstein has guided them through more than half of the score - and if you know the wonderful music Julia has written for this show then you know that is no small feat!  I sat happily in awe for about six hours today.

Julia and I also got to sit in on a production meeting this morning before rehearsal to hear from everyone on the production end of things.  I probably sound like a wide-eyed broken record, but it's almost overwhelming to hear so many people talk about this show - from discussions about having running water onstage to debating different shades of pink and when the various sizes of pregnancy bellies are worn.  And then I realize that I only get to relish in the discussion for so long - we're 22 days from our first performance!

No comments:

Post a Comment